The Exploration Gateway at Sippo Lake Park is located between Canton and Massillon on the North shore of Sippo Lake. We offer a unique natural setting with comfortable indoor spaces for your next special event. Our affordable party rooms, conference center, and banquet hall are available for weekday, evening, and weekend rentals.
The Exploration Gateway at Sippo Lake Park is a center of nature, culture, and life-long learning established in June 2007 as a partnership between the Stark County Park District and the Stark County District Library. The venue includes:
- A magnificent view overlooking Sippo Lake from our balcony and walkout patio.
- Three banquet and meeting rooms to accommodate groups of up to 200 (dinner style) or 400 (auditorium style) with built-in technology, including Wi-Fi.
- A Tiered Conference Center with workstations for classes, meetings, and presentations.
- FeLeap’s Lily Pad Gift Shop that sells a variety of nature-oriented, locally-made products, gifts, and mementos.
- Hiking and biking trails around beautiful Sippo Lake.
Our facility also houses the Perry Sippo Branch Library, the Congressman Ralph Regula Canalway Center, and the Stark County Park District education offices.
The Exploration Gateway building and surrounding parkway include several environmentally-friendly features:
- Natural lighting in the Atrium and automatic lighting throughout.
- Recycled building materials.
- Energy-saving geothermal heating and cooling system.
- Parkway design that preserves native plants and wetlands and maximizes their natural role in filtering runoff water as it flows into the lake.
The Exploration Gateway is located at 5710-5712 12th St. NW, Canton, Ohio 44708.
To learn more or ask about reserving a room, please call us at 330.409.8096 or fill out the online inquiry form.